- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 cups julienned red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cashews and cook until lightly toasted, stirring and tossing frequently—do not let them burn. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil to the same skillet, swirling to coat. Add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger, and tamari and cook for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 1 minute more.
- Divide the lettuce evenly among four plates. Top with the chicken and vegetables, sprinkle with the cashews and scallions, and serve.