- 1 scallion, trimmed and minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless salmon, tuna, or wild striped bass fillet, very thinly sliced across the grain
- cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Combine the scallion, tamari, sesame oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add the fish slices and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to six chilled plates, garnish with cilantro, and serve.