4 Tb Butter
½ lb fresh morel mushrooms, stems trimmed
½ bunch asparagus
4 skinless cod fillets
zest and juice of one lemon
1 cup pearl onions, peeled and halved
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
2 eggs, hard boiled, then grated or finely chopped
2 Tb chopped chives
Salt and Pepper to taste
- To clean the morels, dunk them in a bowl of cold water, drain and repeat until the water runs clear. Strain and pat dry with a towel.
- Prepare the asparagus by breaking off the tough bottom ends. Cut stalks on an angle into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Season the cod fillets on both sides with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add pearl onions and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until softened but not brown.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus, salt and pepper and continue to cook stirring until any liquid has evaporated, about three minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cream and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cod, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for eight minutes or until the fish can be easily pierced with a toothpick. Pour the lemon juice over the cod.
- Divide the fish, vegetables and sauce among four dinner plates.
- Sprinkle each serving with egg, and chives.
Hope You Enjoy! Look out next Friday for a new recipe!