- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups broccoflower florets
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- coarse sea salt
- In a medium stockpot, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat but do not boil.
- Add the onion and broccoflower and warm for several minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and transfer the soup to a blender. Add the avocado, bell peppers, and celery and puree until the soup is creamy (add more water or broth if desired).
- Add the turmeric, cumin, and basil and season with salt. Re-blend and serve warm.