- 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil, or more if needed
- 4 Canadian bacon slices
- 2 jumbo eggs
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thin red onion slices
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 cup watercress sprigs, tough stems removed
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add more oil to the skillet if necessary and crack the eggs into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and fry until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- To assemble, place an onion slice on each plate. Spread a little mayonnaise on the onion slices, then lay two bacon slices on top of each onion. Season with salt and pepper. Top each with some watercress and an egg and serve.