- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocado, oil, kosher salt, and lemon juice with a fork until it’s chunky. Divide evenly between two plates.
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet. Season with sea salt and pepper and fry until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Just before the eggs are finished cooking, use a vegetable peeler to shave eight thin slices of Gruyère cheese onto the eggs, allowing some of the cheese to melt onto the pan and crisp up.
- When the eggs are cooked and the cheese melted, carefully transfer one egg onto each bed of avocado. Top each with some broccoli sprouts and serve.