- 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro with some stems, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, garlic, jalapeños, oil, water, tamari, and lime juice. Pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Smear on enough cashew mixture to thoroughly coat each piece. Reserve any remaining mixture. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature while you preheat an outdoor grill or broiler.
- Grill the chicken or broil it on a baking sheet, turning frequently, until it is crisp and golden on the outside and cooked on theinside, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining cilantro and serve with the remaining cashew mixture and lime wedges, if desired.