- 4 to 5 pounds fresh prawns (salt-water jumbo shrimp), shells and heads on
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons za’atar spice blend
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- coarse sea salt
For The Tabbouleh:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoons za’atar spice blend
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- fresh mint and cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 3 lemons, cut into 8 wedges each, for serving
- In a large resealable bag or large bowl, toss the prawns with the oil, garlic, za’atar, and red pepper flakes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the tabbouleh, pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until about the size of couscous.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, season with salt and white pepper, and sauté until just barely cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.