- 2-1/2 pounds collard greens
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- Remove and discard the stems and center ribs of the collard greens. Cut the leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the collards for 15 minutes, then drain in a colander, pressing out the excess liquid with the back of a wooden spoon.
- In a 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat until the foam subsides. Add the garlic, collards, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the
collard mixture until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the collards with lemon juice and toss well. Serve.