- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 cups dandelion greens, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (see *note)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, thinly shaved
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil until smooth. Season with the salt and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the dandelion greens and the pomegranate seeds. Divide evenly among four serving bowls, top with the almonds, cheese, and dressing, and serve.
*NOTE: To extract pomegranate seeds, you can do what my grandmother used to do: Halve the fruit, hold each half, cut-side down, over a bowl, and whack it with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, you can do what I do: Press each half on a juicer to remove the seeds and discard the juice (which is too sweet to use).