Ingredients (for the stuffed chicken):
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
Ingredients (for the squash ribbons):
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 pound yellow squash
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh basil leaves
- To make the stuffed chicken, in a medium bowl mix the mozzarella and pesto.
- Remove the tenders from the chicken breasts and reserve. Carefully insert the tip of a paring knife into the thickest part of the breast to form a pocket. Fill each pocket with an equal
amount of the mozzarella mixture, then slide the reserved tender into the opening to seal it. Place the stuffed chicken on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours and
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Parmesan, eggs, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to form a thick mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the stuffed breasts with the Parmesan mixture and place in the skillet. Immediately transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the squash ribbons, slice the zucchini and yellow squash into thin ribbons with a mandoline.
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a large saucepan, add the ribbons, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, about4 minutes. Add the pesto and pine nuts and toss to combine.
- Divide the squash ribbons among six plates, add a stuffed chicken breast to each, and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve.