- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces Emmentaler cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a medium stockpot, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat but do not boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree. Add the nutmeg and cayenne and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the soup into a large serving bowl. Add the cheese and chives and stir until the soup is smooth.
- Garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds and serve.