- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large iceberg lettuce leaf
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeño
- 11/2 tablespoons red taco sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan over high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beef, cumin, paprika, and lime juice until well combined. Form a patty that is oblong rather than circular. Be careful not to overwork the meat or pack the patty too tightly.
- Grill the patty to the desired doneness, 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place the lettuce on a plate and place the burger on the stem end. Top with the cheese, jalapeño, and taco sauce. Fold the lettuce over the burger—no bun required. Serve.