- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 large scallions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh purslane
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large kale leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a medium stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, scallions, garlic, celery, and carrot and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, broccoli, purslane, bay leaf, ginger, and salt and cook until the broccoli is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and kale and stir well.
- Add the tamari and lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Divide the soup between two bowls, drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each, and serve.