- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Napa cabbage leaves
- In a small bowl, mix the beef, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper, blue cheese, and bacon. Form into a patty. Be careful not to overwork the meat or pack the patty too tightly. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, cook the burger to the desired temperature, 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare (which I recommend for this burger so the cheese doesn’t fall out).
- Place the cabbage leaves on a plate. Put the burger on top and then the caramelized onions. Serve.