- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads Belgian endive (red or white), leaves coarsely chopped (4 cups)
- 2 heads frisée, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 head escarole, leaves coarsely chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- flaxseed, for garnish
- Remove the peel and pith from the grapefruit. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, carefully cut between the membranes to remove each whole segment. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the grapefruit juice, vinegar, sour cream, Dijon, salt, and white pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, toss together the endive, frisée, escarole, and mint. Divide the salad evenly among six plates.
- Top with the grapefruit and avocado slices. To serve, drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with flaxseed.
Note: Salad dressings can usually be stored in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 days, so you can make it ahead of time or make extra—simply whisk it until smooth before serving.