- 3 heads broccolini, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil, divided
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the broccolini with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the broccolini on a baking sheet.
- Halve the garlic head and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place the garlic halves on the baking sheet, face-side up. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the garlic and broccolini.
- Roast until the broccolini is just slightly crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic clove out of the papery skin and distribute over the broccolini, or you can discard the garlic for a more subtle flavor.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the broccolini, sprinkle with grated Asiago, and serve.